At Second Look, we know that, when buying a home, time is limited. Most inspections can be scheduled to be completed within a mere 72 hours from the time you call to schedule.
Additionally, we do not keep "bankers hours." We will work with you to schedule an appointment that fits your schedule, not ours!
Yet another way we are working to bring you peace of mind!
HOME INSPECTION FYI:
Between 84% and 86% of buyers requested a home inspection before making a purchase in 2003, according to the National Association of Home Inspectors.
Pursuant to WV Law, any licensed home inspector must display his/her license number on ALL publications. Mine is proudly displayed here:
A home inspection is a valuable tool in helping to protect your interests, both safety and financially. When buying a home, you never know quite what you are getting- that is, until a home inspector has inspected it for you. Home inspections typically locate problems that most buyers are not aware of. These problems range from simple repairs to major expenditures.
At Second Look, we want to be that safety net. We want to take the guesswork out of buying your home. Our inspection process is very thorough! The average homeowner may get caught up in the moment of buying that perfect home, but we do not. Our goal is to provide you with a report of deficiencies, and answer any questions that you may have about the operation of certain systems.
Quite simply put, buying a home without having a home inspection is like playing Russian Roulette with your families safety and financial future.
If you're looking for high quality and personal service, you've come to the right place. At Second Look Home Inspection, LLC we'll give you the attention and personal service you have come to expect and enjoy.
The Home Inspection Process
Prior to the Inspection:
-Call us to schedule an appointment
-Notify your Realtor (or seller if “For Sale By Owner”)
Prepare for the Inspection:
-Allow for 2 to 5 hours for us to complete the inspection on an average size home
-Wear clothing that you don't mind to get a little dirty if you wish to experience the entire inspection
During the inspection:
-Ask QUESTIONS- we are happy to explain any facet of the inspection
-Point out anything that you have concerns about
Walkways, porches, driveways, roof, gutters, chimneys, drainage, siding, eves, utilities, doors, windows, attic insulation, attic ventilation, attic construction, electrical system, heating and cooling system, plumbing, floor and wall structure, smoke alarms, crawl space insulation, vapor retarder, sewer drainage, and much more.
Home inspectors are trained to report deficiencies of components which are readily accessible. We are also a valuable tool in evaluating the safety of the home, and report any deficiencies that should be corrected
Our goal is to completely inspect your prospective new home and give you a report of repairs that may need to be made. We also make every attempt to explain the operation of components in the home. If we don't know the 100% correct answer to any question, we will find it for you.
What a Home Inspector DOES NOT DO:
-Any test that can damage or destroy any component of the home
-Any pest control inspections
-Give any life expectancy for any component
-Disassemble any appliance or installed feature of the home
-During the entire home inspection process, we will be taking many photos of deficient items or systems
-These items will be classified into two categories: Deficiencies and Information
-The report will contain useful information that you will find handy, even years after moving into the home
-Immediately following the inspection, you will have an email invitation to obtain a digital copy of the inspection report. You can download and print this document if you desire.
-If requested, a paper copy of the report will be prepared for you in color. The report is placed in sheet protectors and put into an attractive binder with a photo of the home on the front cover.
Following the Inspection:
-Once you and your spouse, Realtor, or contractor have reviewed the report, feel free to call us with any questions that you may have. If needed, we will meet you back at the house to explain our findings.
WE ARE COMPLETLY DEDICATED TO YOUR SATISFACTION!
A Second Look Home Inspection, LLC Services
At Second Look Home Inspection, LLC, we strive to provide our customers with the highest quality services personalized for their unique needs. We schedule appointments at your convenience.
*You are welcome to be present during the inspection process, so that we may answer any questions that you may have
We have a variety of services including:
- Pre-Purchase Inspections - This is the most common type of inspection that is requested. During this inspection, we will meet at your prospective new home and we will thoroughly inspect all major systems and components, noting any deficiencies
- Pre-Sale Inspection - This inspection is requested by the seller and is a great way to instill confidence in prospective buyers. Many sellers have an inspection performed on their home and leave the report out for prospective buyers to see that they have absolutely nothing to hide.
- End of Warranty Inspection - This inspection is utilized by folks that have taken advantage of a home warranty. This inspection should be completed approximately 6 months prior to the expiration of your home warranty, to allow you ample time to have repairs made before the warranty runs out.
- Rental Inspections - If you own rental property, having a condition inspection performed prior to a tenant moving in, and again when they move out, is a great way to protect your investment. A report is provided for this inspection with pictures of any damages. Wouldn't it be great to have an unbiased report of damages? Call for special rates.
- Subsequent Inspections - If for some reason, your deal falls through on a house that we have already inspected, Second Look will inspect the next house for you at a discount. We know that buying a house can get expensive! This is our way of helping to defray some of the costs associated with finding that perfect home.
- Consulting Services- This service is for the client that needs the expertise of a home inspector, without the full inspection report. This service is priced more affordable than an inspection, and can include the total home, or only certain components of your choosing. Call today for more details.
- Environmental Testing- These services are needed to determine indoor air quality, or test surfaces for fungal growth. Click on the “Environmental Testing” tab at the top of this page for more information.
If you have any questions regarding which inspection is right for you, call us or click on the contact us link. We are always happy to answer questions from prospective clients.